St Olafs Church was built in 1897 after the style of a medieval Norwegian stave-church. It was the idea of Margaret Sophia Green Kvikne, wife of Knut Kvikne and the daughter of an English clergyman. She began raising money to build a church for English-speaking visitors, but died before her dream came true.
Clergy from Britain conduct services here every Sunday during the summer. St Olafs is now the responsibility of the Diocese of Gibraltar in Europe whose headquarters are in London and which cares for Church of England chaplaincies in mainland Europe. Thanks to the generosity of visitors, the church is kept open daily during the summer for all to enjoy.
Source: Information board on site